Edge’s automatic account switching will come in handy for anyone who uses the same device(s) for work and play, since you’ll now be able to better ensure that your YouTube procrastinating is happening on your personal profile, not the one tied to your corporate email—to offer but one example.
To set up automatic profile switching in Edge Chromium:
- Open Edge Chromium on your desktop
- Click the “…” Icon to open the menu bar, then click “Settings.”
- Go to Profiles > Multiple profile preferences.
- Turn on “Automatic profile switching.” You’ll need to have at least two or more Microsoft profiles signed in and synced to Edge Chromium in order for the auto-switching option to be available. Users with only one account won’t see the option, even if they’ve installed the latest updates.
- Close the settings menu and return to your normal browsing.
- Select the profile you want to be signed into whenever Edge prompts you. You can also say “No, thanks” to keep using the currently-active profile.